The building blocks for your station
A modular, expandable, IP-based mixing system, Type R uses standard networking hardware and soft panels which can be tailored to operator needs. Its three hardware panels can create a variety of system types, it ties in with Calrec Assist for mixing in the cloud, and provides mix facilities for up to three independent mixers to hang off one system core.
Why you need a Type R for TV
Type R’s flexible IP core enables broadcasters to benefit from virtual working practices and automated broadcast workflows on a cost-effective SMPTE 2110-compliant IP backbone. Type R provides fully automated programming with real-time adjustment of unpredictable external factors, either via the web or via highly portable dedicated hardware elements.
Type R makes it easy to get hands on via the Calrec Assist web UI. If preferred, physical banks of faders can be added as well as adaptable soft panels which can be configured on the fly to meet changing requirements.
Automated broadcast environments provide significant Capex returns. Type R quickly connects with station automation systems, while operators can still tweak settings, such as adding dynamics to a mic input, via dedicated soft panels or via the Assist web UI.
Type R is an easy choice for broadcasters looking to invest in a full IP infrastructure with one eye on future development. Its range of DSP options can be changed as required and upgraded on the fly, while new panels can be quickly added by plugging in over POE.
Easy to configure
Physical controls consist of just three slimline panels: a fader panel, a large soft panel and a small soft panel. Touch-screen soft panels have colourful control elements; they can be customised as multi-function panels and changed on the fly.
Powerful and diverse
Type R’s range of DSP packs allow up to 3 x DSP mix engines to run independently on a single core at the same time. These can be remote from the core, creating a cost-effective option for broadcasters with multiple control rooms and those looking at remote working.
Licenced IP models
Type R has support for NMOS discovery and connection management and is SMPTE 2110 compliant. With a range of licensed DSP options, Type R for Radio can be upgraded on the fly and its IP backbone can plug straight into an IP switch on a single connection.
- Integral 512² router
- Up to 256 audio channels per AoIP port
- 2U Core provides 4 x AES input ports, 4 x AES output ports, 8 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 8 x channels of analogue line level output, 12 x GPI, 12 x GPO ports and 2 x stereo headphone outputs, with optional redundant AoIP boards
- 1U Combination I/O unit provides 4 x AES input ports, 4 x AES output ports, 8 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 8 x channels of analogue line level output, 6 x GPI, 6 x GPO ports and 2 x stereo headphone outputs, with optional redundant AoIP boards
- 1U Analogue I/O unit which provides 16 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 16 x channels of analogue line level output, 6 x GPI and 6 x GPO ports
- 1U Digital AES I/O unit which provides 8 x AES input ports with SRC indication, 8 x AES output ports, 6 x GPI and 6 x GPO ports
Take a look at our certified Type R training series designed to get an operator up and running in minutes.
Free Certified Training with Calrec Sound Institute
Calrec Type R Training: Designed to get you up and running quickly and with confidence.Sign Up Here
How can we help?
Latest Type R Installations, Customer Stories & News
RTM installs six Calrec Type R for Radio consoles
Craft Interview: Marine Martignac
Calrec Type R Real-Time Demo with Japanese Partner Hibino
South Africa’s Bosveld Stereo Moves to IP with Calrec’s Radio Console
Calrec launches Calrec Sound Institute
Remote commissioning over IP
BOB go Remote with Type R
Type R for TV IP-Based Virtual Mixing
We used a Type R plus a computer for configuration. Calrec Assist allowed me to take control remotely if anything went wrong during the show. Type R has native SMPTE 2110 connectivity; undeniably the future of networked audio transport in broadcast production.
Boîte à Outils Broadcast