As a Test Development Engineer, you will design, build and deploy complete test solutions for hardware manufacturing. You will test systems ranging from board-level test to end-of-line product test as well as provide technical support for users of the test systems.
You will have a degree or HND in hardware, software or networking alongside time-served industry experience. You will have the ability to code in a range of scripting languages, using GUI platforms, control I2c devices at hardware level and understand circuit diagrams and component data sheets.
You will be comfortable working at command line interface level using windows, linux and android OS platforms. You will also be able to fault find to component level and write standard operating procedures and possesses good knowledge and understanding of networking technology and the hardware manufacturing industry.
Main activities & responsibilities
Deliver a working test solution as part of NPI process in time for the first manufacturing run and provide support for test systems already in service.
You will also:
- Produce manufacturing test plans for automated testing of new products this includes hardware, firmware and software feature requirements
- Work with the hardware team to ensure the product is designed for manufacture
- Write both back end and GUI code to automate testing
- Assist hardware design in testing prototype runs
- Write standard operating procedures for manufacturing
- Deliver excellent training and support to users of test systems
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Be the point of technical support for all of the business
Other features of the job
Excellent opportunity to grow a full stack engineering skill base.
Terms and conditions
- General terms and conditions
- Overtime rates
- Compressed working hours
For full details and for more information, including the job specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org