A Customer Support Engineer who will be focused on commissionings, after-sales service and customer/distributor training.
The successful candidate will have a professional IT networking qualification (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent) and/or a degree or diploma in Broadcast Engineering/Electronics / Music Technology or a related subject.
You will also have knowledge of networking; IP/TCP/UDP/RTP/RTSP, LAN, configuration of Switches/Routers (VLAN, ACL etc.), AoIP technologies and standards; AES67, Dante, SMPTE-2110 etc. System to component-level knowledge of audio and audio control systems relating to broadcast applications and Linux and computer-based control systems.
Experience of broadcast engineering or customer support in a broadcast environment with excellent customer interface and the ability to build long-term relationships with customers is also essential.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Processing of service enquiries and calls
- Commissioning of the company’s products
- On-air support and onsite service, including carrying out upgrades, fault correction and mixer upgrades
- Provide factory-based support to other Customer Support Engineers in the field
- Use of factory facilities to diagnose and find faults reported by customers and provide accurate field service reports
- Operational & Maintenance Training including preparing and documenting service training courses
- Technical support to Sales and Marketing Team (office support/demos/trade shows etc.) as well as distribution partners
- Raise quotations for customer support services, spares, expansion etc and maintain accurate service tickets, customer service records and service database records
- Liaise with the Customer Support Administration Team for shipping and provision spares, replacement or loans parts
- When appropriate work with Development Team to identify software bugs and design issues
- Develop and review all aspects of the service function; the processes, the procedures and the database to meet team requirements, company goals and objectives
- Provide cover for other Customer Support Engineers and if necessary, plan and co-ordinate the activities of other Customer Support Engineers when appropriateOther features of the job
- Extensive travel in the UK and abroad visiting customer and 3rd party sites, often at short notice
- Flexibility of hours/out-of-hours working as required
- Man the Customer Support 24-hour Support mobile telephone on a rota basis with other Customer Support Engineers
- A salaried position with no overtime payment – time off in lieu as appropriate
- Team working and team cover
Terms and conditions
- Six-month probationary period
- Flexible working scheme
- 37.5 hrs per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full clean driving license is required
- Willingness to undertake further training to update skills / meet company objectives
For full details and for more information, including the job specification, please email: [email protected]