To design and develop new and existing products within a team of multi-disciplined engineers, with specific responsibility for EMC and safety compliance.
Main activities and responsibilities
Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic systems and sub-systems for professional audio products. This will include:
- Design of high-performance analogue and mixed signal electronic circuits, including schematic capture using Altium.
- An understanding of high-speed circuit design, including providing guidance on component placement and track layout.
- Power supply selection, evaluation and approval.
- DC power conversion circuit design.
- Prototype circuit bring-up, verification and validation.
- Working closely with other designers (firmware, software, mechanical and hardware), manufacturing and test departments.
- Providing engineering support.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the compliance of Calrec’s professional audio products with EMC and Safety standards. This will include:
- Working with the group’s compliance advisor.
- Advising the Hardware and Mechanical Teams on design for compliance with EMC & Safety standards.
- Pre-compliance testing in our purpose-built EMC facility.
- Liaising with external test houses and preparing products for EMC and safety testing.
- Attending external testing when necessary.
- Fault finding, rectification of issues and feedback into the design process.
- Approving EMC & Safety test reports from external test houses.
- Maintaining a structured archive of design information, test reports and certificates.
Other features of the job
- New component approvals.
- Obtaining relevant safety approvals information for new components.
- Collecting measurements and other information for technical manuals and other enquiries.
- Hardware design checking.
- Participation in design reviews.
- Support for existing products.
- Flexibility / out of hours working if required to meet specific deadlines.
- Occasional overtime to get the job done.
- May be required to carry out other tasks associated with design and/or design change control processes.
Terms and conditions
- Six-month trial period
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday 37.5 hrs per week
- Flexible working scheme
- Additional hours may be required to meet the needs of the job
For full details and for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org