ImPulse is a powerful audio processing and routing engine with AES67 and SMPTE 2110 connectivity and support for NMOS discovery and connection management. It is compatible with existing Apollo and Artemis control surfaces to provide a simple upgrade path for existing Calrec customers as they transfer to IP infrastructures.
With Bluefin3 built-in, ImPulse has the most powerful DSP engine available and can switch between five different user-upgradable DSP packs. Future expansion will allow up to four DSP mix engines and control systems to run independently on a single core at the same time.
ImPulse provides 3D immersive path widths and panning for next-generation audio applications. Height and 3D pan controls, flexible panning and downmixing are built-in.
- Contains next generation “Blu3fin” DSP
- Contains internal AoIP Router
- Up to 4 router cards can be fitted, each with a 4096×4096 audio channel routing capacity
- Router cards can operate in 1 or 10Gbps mode
- High bandwidth utilisation
- Full hardware redundancy
- Redundant pairs of cores can be physically remote from each other
- Supports “Headless” operation – no surface required
- Calrec Assist web-UI control
- Supports 3rd party remote controllers such as video switchers for audio-follows-video, and production automation systems
- SW-P-08 remote control over router cross-point switching
- Supports 3D “Immersive” path widths for next-generation audio
- Immersive paths have additional “height” legs to produce a 3D soundfield
- Monitoring and metering provided for mono, Stereo, 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.4 Input Channels, Groups and Main paths
- Additional Main and Group capacity allows immersive content to be produced without forcing a reduction in the number of surround buses that can be allocated
- All audio I/O is AES67 and SMPTE ST-2110 compliant
- Has built-in support for NMOS discovery and connection management (IS-04 v1.3 and IS-05: v1.1)
- Has support for mDNS/Ravenna discovery
- Each AoIP stream can pass between 1 to 80 audio channels
- Surface connectivity is via IP, so surfaces can be physically remote, connected over COTS networks
Looking for Calrec's ImPulse1 core?
Find out more about Calrec’s smaller, yet powerful cost-effective 1U audio processing and routing engine.More on ImPulse1