The building blocks for your station
A modular, expandable, IP-based mixing system, Type R uses standard networking hardware and soft panels which can be tailored to operator needs. It has just three hardware panels to create a variety of system types, ties in with Calrec Assist for mixing in the cloud, and provides mix facilities for up to three independent mixers to hang off one system core.
Why you need a Type R for Radio
Type R’s flexible IP core enables broadcasters to benefit from virtual working practices and automated broadcast workflows on a cost-effective SMPTE 2110-compliant IP backbone. Type R provides fully automated programming with real-time adjustment of unpredictable external factors, either via the web or via highly portable dedicated hardware elements.
Fader panels are small, sleek and simple, with six faders and immediate access to essential controls. Fader panels can be added or removed as simply as plugging or unplugging an Ethernet cable, creating a radio infrastructure that is easily expandable, and making upgrades quick and simple.
Large Soft Panel (LSP)
Type R touch-screen soft panels are designed around simple and colourful control elements and can easily be customised as multi-function panels. This functionality can be quickly changed from show-to-show using simple memory loads and can be tailored to fit the needs of the talent.
Small Soft Panel (SSP)
Soft panels can be utilised in either landscape or portrait formats and used to provide adaptable and specific functionality for talent, while ensuring overall control is maintained by the station technical team. Both LSP and SSP panels can be added with a single Ethernet connection.
Easy to configure
Type R for TV integrates seamlessly into an established IP infrastructure with a single ethernet cable, making integration effortless and future expansion simple and cost effective.
Type R makes it easy to get hands on via either a web UI or using adaptable flexible hardware interfaces, giving real-time control to the user in a refined and simple way.
Licenced IP models
Type R has support for NMOS discovery and connection management and is SMPTE 2110 compliant. With a range of licensed DSP options, Type R for Radio can be upgraded on the fly.
- Integral 512² router
- Up to 256 audio channels per AoIP port
- 2U Core provides 4 x AES input ports, 4 x AES output ports, 8 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 8 x channels of analogue line level output, 12 x GPI, 12 x GPO ports and 2 x stereo headphone outputs, with optional redundant AoIP boards
- 1U Combination I/O unit provides 4 x AES input ports, 4 x AES output ports, 8 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 8 x channels of analogue line level output, 6 x GPI, 6 x GPO ports and 2 x stereo headphone outputs, with optional redundant AoIP boards
- 1U Analogue I/O unit which provides 16 x channels of analogue mic/line input with 48v phantom power indication, 16 x channels of analogue line level output, 6 x GPI and 6 x GPO ports
- 1U Digital AES I/O unit which provides 8 x AES input ports with SRC indication, 8 x AES output ports, 6 x GPI and 6 x GPO ports
Take a look at our certified Type R training series designed to get an operator up and running in minutes.
Your next IP radio console
Calrec Type R Training: Designed to get you up and running quickly and with confidence.
How can we help?
Type R is probably one of the most user-friendly digital broadcast desks I’ve ever worked on. It has a simple layout and the sleek, compact, no fuss design fits perfectly into our studio environment, taking up less space while still doing the job that other much bigger desks do.
Founder and Host, Vibez.Live