A processing powerhouse
With single and dual fader options, Apollo can squeeze in more faders into a single footprint than any other console, and its integrated 8192² router provides total network flexibility. Apollo provides unsurpassed processing power, with unrivalled resources of up to 1020 channel processing paths, 128 program busses, 96 IFB/Track outputs and 48 auxes.
Why you need an Apollo
Apollo does everything you need and still has resources left . With no DSP sharing, all facilities are available on all channels at all times – that means full dedicated resources are always available at all times on every single channel.
Its soft flexible control surface allows the operator to reconfigure it between jobs so it is always familiar and offers the same sense of assurance associated with one-knob per function control.
Apollo has a flexible and intuitive control surface which changes colour depending on function. Soft panels allow the operator to reconfigure the console to reflect a variety of operating setups, and extensive use of colour across TFTs and colour-changing rotaries provides practical and elegant feedback with one-knob per function control.
Apollo provides hot pluggable redundant hardware for all critical systems with automatic and seamless takeover on all PSUs, DSP, control processor, router and I/O. Spares mirror the primary hardware and in the rare event of failure, automatically take over with no disruption to the audio.
Control panels can switch mode on the fly, allowing for all controls to be one button press away, irrespective of operator position and allowing each user their own preferred control layout. User splits and independent monitoring allows multiple operators to work on the same surface.
Flexible monitoring and metering provide comprehensive coverage over every aspect of production. Apollo has lots of input and output metering so you can be sure across all your sources at all times. Built-in assistive apps like Autofader and Automix help keep you on top of your game.
With 1020 DSP processing paths, Apollo is a powerhouse. All DSP paths are available on all channels irrespective of whatever else is going on; every single channel has dedicated DSP resources to give you total, stress-free control. Independent DSP operation ensures continuity in the event of a PC or control reset.
Apollo is ready to switch to an IP network whenever you are ready. Either add Calrec’s SMPTE 2110 compliant ImPulse IP core to an existing console or connect direct to an existing IP network via Calrec’s Gateway technology. All Apollo I/O is switchable from Hydra2 to IP
- 100mm faders with mechanical PFL overpress
- Up to 320 faders
- Colour-changing rotary knobs to indicate function
- Touch screens controlling i/o, monitoring and routing
- 1020 channel processing paths
- Up to 16 x stereo or 5.1 surround main outputs*
- Up to 48 x mono, stereo or 5.1 surround audio groups*
- 96 x multi-track Buses for IFB or recording
- 4 x track sends per path
- 48 x auxiliary Buses
- Up to 4 x Direct Outputs/Mix Minus sends per path
- Direct outputs can be pre-EQ, pre-fader or post-fader
- 3 x independent user sections with independent monitoring
- All channels and groups have 6-band parametric EQ
- All channels, groups and mains have full dynamics
- Side Chain EQ/Filters
- 256 x Inserts
- Up to 2.73s per Output from a pool of 256 channels
- Up to 2.73s per Input from a pool of 256 channels
- All paths have 2.73s delay in addition to in and out delay
- 12 fader layers, each with its own A and B paths
- 8 x AutoMixers, each controlling an unlimited number of paths
- Advanced AutoFader (AFV) functionality on all faders
- Integral 8192² router
- 16/32 Router ports
- All I/O provided over Hydra2 network via a comprehensive range of Hydra2 I/O boxes
- Cat5e or fibre connectivity
Take a look at our comprehensive AoIP training sessions, delivered by our IP Network Specialist. This certified IP series covers everything a broadcast facility needs to know about IP, how it works and the effect it is having on our industry.
Calrec Apollo in Dome Productions' Gateway truck
How can we help?
LATEST APOLLO INSTALLATIONS, CUSTOMER STORIES & NEWS
We wanted to be able to maximize the equipment for any size of international production. The flexibility and modularity of the Calrec desks made them a perfect fit for this vision. The consoles offer full redundancy to give us peace of mind for major events, and their plug-and-play operation simplifies productions and gives us even more versatility. Calrec is renowned for technology excellence in OBs. We know we’ve made a great choice.
Emmanuel Le Marquand
Audio Operations Manager, AMP Visual TV