CNET’s Steve Guttenberg with his 2015 hi-res audio predictions
- hi-res iTunes and a resurgence of the iPod classic as a hi-res player, presumably to rival the Pomo
- the take-off of Dolby Atmos for the home
- the take-up of DTS's rival DTS-X 3D sound system, which already has the support of big AV industry names Anthem, Denon, Integra, Krell, Marantz, McIntosh, Onkyo, Outlaw Audio, Pioneer, Steinway Lyngdorf, Theta Digital, Trinnov Audio and Yamaha
- affordable high-end headphone models from Audeze, Hifiman, Oppo, Sennheiser
- much more interest in immersive surround sound over headphones
Like Steve, we'd also like to know what you're hoping for or looking forward to in home audio in 2015.