Brio is the most powerful and compact digital broadcast audio console in its class. It has a comprehensive broadcast feature set to support a wider breadth of broadcasters, and the same market-leading levels of quality and customer support which Calrec is renowned for.
The smallest in Calrec’s Bluefin2 family, Brio’s control surface is unlike any other console. At only 892mm wide with a 36 dual-layer fader surface, Brio is entirely self-contained with analogue and digital I/O, and GPIO, built into the surface. Additional expansion I/O slots are also fitted to allow for further I/O to be connected. A Hydra2 module can be fitted to connect to and share audio over Calrec’s Hydra2 network.
This means Hydra2’s sophisticated management facilities can be utilised for network-wide control, including interfacing with multiple Video and Audio over IP networks such as SMPTE2022, Dante, AES67, Ravenna and Soundgrid. This protects the system against any future formats that may emerge and allows the console to sit on multiple networks simultaneously if desired.
With lots of delay resource, dynamics, integrated talkback, and multiple monitor outputs, Brio is broadcast-ready with no compromise or workarounds.
Get up and running with our series of Brio how-to videos here.
All Brio consoles feature:
- 36 x dual layer faders.
- 64 legs assignable as mono, stereo or 5.1 Input Channels.
- 6 band EQ on every channel, group, aux and main path.
- Dynamics on every path, including Expander / gate / ducker, sidechain EQ, key inputs, compressor and multi-band compressor.
- 36 legs assignable as mono, stereo or 5.1 Mains or Groups.
- 24 legs assignable as mono or stereo auxes.
- Automatic Mix-Minus.
- Off-Air Conference.
- 8 x GPI and 8 x GPO built in.
- Significant built-in I/O, with 3 x expansion slots for expand I/O or to interface to multiple formats.
- An extensive range of Hydra2 I/O available.
- Excellent green credentials; Low weight, power consumption and heat generation.
- End Profile measurements
- 36 x dual layer faders
- 100mm, motorised, with PFL overpress
- 1 x user assignable rotary control per strip
- 2 x user assignable buttons per strip
- Intuitive multi-touchscreen UI with hardware rotary controllers for fine adjustment
- 64 legs assignable as mono, stereo, or 5.1 Input Channels
- 36 legs assignable as mono, stereo, or 5.1 Mains or Groups (Maximum of 4 Mains and 8 Groups)
- 24 legs assignable as mono or stereo Auxes
- 64 legs assignable as Insert sends and returns
- 64 legs assignable as Direct, or Mix-Minus Outputs
- Automatic Mix-Minus
- Off-Air Conference for Mix-Minus
- Delay available on every path, with additional 64 legs assignable as output delay
- 64 legs assignable as input delay of up to 5s
- Functions at 48, 96, 44.1 or 88.2kHz - All DSP facilities are available at all sample rates without restriction
- Expander/Gate/Ducker, with key input and sidechain EQ on every Input Channel and Group path
- Compressor with key input and sidechain EQ on every Input Channel and Group path
- Multiband Compressor every Input Channel and Group path on every Input Channel and Group path
- Expander/Gate and Compressor on every Aux
- Single Band Compressor and Multiband Compressor on every Main
- 2 x Automixers available to all mono Input Channels and Groups
- 6 band EQ available on every Input Channel, Group, Aux and Main path: 4 band full PEQ and 2 band LF/HF filters, 12 or 24dB/octave
- 3 x Monitor outputs
- Surround capable metering within each strip
- Configurable meter screen output (DVI)
- Comprehensive Loudness metering
- 8 x GPI + 8 x GPO built in
- AutoFaders for Audio Follows Video style control
- CSCP mixer control protocol interfaces with a variety of video switchers and production automation systems
- SW-P-08 'Pro-Bel' router control protocol
- Integrated Hydra2 connectivity:
- ~ 24 x Mic/Line inputs
- ~ 16 x Analogue outputs
- ~ 8 x AES3 digital inputs
- ~ 8 x AES3 digital outputs
- 3 x Expansion slots to increase standard built in I/O, or to provide interface to other formats such as SDI, MADI, and a range of AoIP formats
- Optional Hydra 2 Module allows for further I/O to be connected, and to network audio with other consoles